Himalayan salt lamps have the unique quality of releasing negative ions which automatically bond with positive ions around us. Pollutants and toxins in the air are positively charged. With these salt lamps, you can effectively improve the indoor air quality and reduce exposure to harmful toxins.
Available in different shapes, sizes and even colors, picking the best lamp for your home can be a bit challenging at the start.
In a hurry? Here’s our top Himalayan Salt Lamp pick!
Levoit – Kana Himalayan Salt Lamp
It is a super-popular Levoit – Kana Himalayan Salt Lamp which is easy to use and has amazing results. Find out why on Amazon right now!
Colors of the Himalayan Salt Lamp
Pink is the most common color of Himalayan salt lamps but they can also be available in different colors. These colors range from white to a deep, dull red. Picking out a color can be a matter of preference but the Himalayan salt lamp’s color can also affect your mood.
- White lamps – These are rarer to find and emit the most light out of all the other lamps. The color also represents detoxification, cleansing and healing.
- Pink lamps –These are the most common and most preferred color in Himalayan salt lamps. Pink also represents emotional stability, promotes love and increases the emotional bond in relationships.
- Orange lamps – These are the next favorite after pink as they tend to perfectly balance the light they give out. The orange color also improves bladder and kidney function and boosts the nervous system.
- Red lamps – These have the deepest hue and are not always preferred. Like white lamps these are also a bit rare to find. The red color promotes healthy circulation and heart function.
Shapes of the Himalayan Salt Lamp
Apart from the color, you should also focus on the shape of the Himalayan salt lamp you want. While the most common one happens to be rough crystal, you can also find crafted ones. Many people like the rough rock salt lamp appearance.
The crafted salt lamps can either have a rough surface or be a bit more polished. These have a better aesthetic appearance which matches with the décor theme. Again, personal preference plays a bigger role here.
Sizes of the Himalayan Salt Lamps
Picking the right size depends on a simple factor – the room the lamp is going to be placed in. Many people end up focusing on the décor of the room but that’s not what you need to consider. As a rule of thumb, the bigger the room is, the bigger the lamp you will need to feel its effects.
Based on this, you should opt for the following sizes:
- Small bedrooms – 5 to 7 lbs
- Large bedrooms – 9 to 11 lbs
- Living rooms – 12 to 15 lbs
- Commercial spaces or joined rooms – 40 to 50 lbs
Our Top Recommendations
With the help of the tips mentioned above, you should have no trouble in picking out a salt lamp which is perfect for your home. If you’re still unsure about what’s the best Himalayan salt lamp for you, the following are our top recommendations:
- Levoit – Kana Himalayan Salt Lamp – 6.35 lbs
- Crystal Décor Crafted – Himalayan Salt Lamp – 7.4 lbs
- Voltas – Himalayan Crafted Salt Lamp – 7.6 lbs
- SMAGREHO – Cube Himalayan Salt Lamp – 7.72 lbs
- Amethya – Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp – 8.2 lbs – Set of Two
5 Health Benefits of a Himalayan Salt Lamp
- Purifies the air – Himalayan salt lamps will suck the water vapor out of the air which helps for better breathability because of the clearing of the airways.
- Increases energy levels – Himalayan lamps have been known to greatly increase energy levels because of the positive ions sap in your body. These lamps can also contribute to an invigorating feeling.
- Mood improvement –Himalayan lamps help produce more negative ions which greatly benefit those suffering from seasonal depression and other forms of depression as well.
- Reduces stress –Because the Himalayan salt lamps produces negative ions, it helps much better with stress, anxiety and while helping with those it is also proven to increase your performance.
- Reduced allergy symptoms – The exotic salt that you are exposed to when having a Himalayan salt lamp filters microscopic mildew, mold and dust. These lamps even help people who suffer with asthma.
So which one are you buying?