General Electric (GE) is one of the oldest electronic appliance manufacturing companies in the entire world. Based in America, GE was founded way back in 1896,and ever since its inception; it has remained an electronics company. Today, GE is one of the most popular brands in the entire world and is ranked among the top fortune 500 companies that currently exist.
GE started manufacturing commercial large volume air conditioners way back in 1971 when it released its first portable air conditioner for the average consumer. Ever since then, GE has been a predominant name in the air conditioner industry, and now, it manufactures both industrial and domestic air conditioners for a number of markets. So, it can get a bit challenging if you are looking an air conditioner from this brand, considering that they make such a huge line up for the entire world. So to make things a bit easier, let’s explore a few options that could help you simplify your purchase decision.
- GE AED10AV 21: This is a medium capacity Air conditioner from GE. The aptly named GE AED10AV is a window mount air conditioner with a cooling capacity of 10000BTU’s. This air conditioner unit is perfect for large to medium sized rooms having a total space of 400sq feet or more. The unit can be easily controlled via the supplied remote and packs in some of the latest features that you’d expect in a modern air conditioner.
It uses the R410-A coolant which is not only more efficient but also non-harmful for the ozone layer. It is also energy star certified and requires just 115 volts to operate, making it incredibly power efficient and should provide a decent return on investment in the long run.
The party piece, however, is the built-in Wi-Fi integration where it can sync to Google assistant, Amazon ALEXA and IFTTT for voice controlled temperature adjustments making it incredibly easy to operate. The rich array of features make it one of the best window air conditioners that you can buy today.
Pros: Voice integration via Wi-Fi, Powerful Cooling, Efficient
Cons: Slightly Expensive
2. GE AHM10AW 20: This is another 10000 BTU air conditioner model from GE. It is priced significantly lower than some other models even so it has a decent cooling capacity. It is good for medium sized rooms that has a decent enough opening in the window to mount it.
Unit wise, it doesn’t feature any voice integration feature and comes bundled only with a remote. It has a top blower style exhaust and a convenient panel showing the state of the AC and the current temperature. It is a decent and affordable window air conditioner unit that won’t break the bank definitely deserves a spot in the top 5 air conditioners in this list.
Pros: Powerful Cooling capacity, energy efficient, affordable, easy to clean and maintain, one year warranty.
Cons: Many complaints of being excessively loud.
3. GE AHM06LW 19: When it comes to window air conditioners, size is almost the deciding factor in determining how powerful it can be. Not in this case. This is a small and very affordable air conditioning unit from GE. It has an impressive cooling capacity rating of 6150BTU’s.
Despite its size, it is no slouch, and there are tonnes of positive air conditioner reviews from people that own one of these. Its compact dimensions mean that it can fit smaller window frames, and to add to the overall convenience, it comes with all the necessary mountings required to fit it in place. Performance wise, it can give some of the more established and powerful models a good run for their money.
Pros: Incredibly powerful for its size, power efficient, has remote controls, very affordable
Cons: Very loud compared to other models in its size.
4. GE AHV05LW 17: Small capacity window air conditioners are perfect for rooms that have dimensions under 200sq feet. The GE AHV05LW 17 is one of the best air conditioners that you can buy that fits this form factor. It is a window mount AC as you might have guessed and it retails at a price of just $139 MSRP (official listing) which makes it cheapest air conditioning unit here.
Despite its affordable price and compact dimensions, you can be forgiven for thinking that it won’t be a good performer, but you’d be bitterly wrong to pass this up as it might astonish you with its performance. There are tonnes of positive reviews for this unit in online retailers like Amazon, which speaks volumes about its performance and reliability. It is a cheap, no frills, no holds barred air conditioner that takes care of your cooling needs with ease and convenience.
Pros: Very affordable, compact, light, easy to maintain and clean, the mounting kit is provided, powerful performance.
Cons: Loud for its size, availability issues.
5. Ge Az61h12dab Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner: General Electric (GE) has been a leading manufacturer of world class Packaged terminal air conditioners (PTAC) for a while now. Ge Az61h12dabis one such model that you should definitely consider if you are willing to buy a PTAC for your home. While it’s true that PTAC’s are slowly going out of fashion due to their complicated installation procedure, but this should be no excuse for buying one, considering the performance that they deliver. PTAC’s are incredibly efficient in their task as they are essentially self-contained heating and cooling units and they come loaded with features.
The Ge Az61h12dab is no exception as it comes with a modern design that blends into any existing layout. It has non-distracting white LED indicators that don’t distract you with the light during the night with their auto-dimming feature. It also has a very convenient wireless thermostat which you can install at a location that is easily accessible by you.
Best of all, it has a cooling capacity of 11700BTU and a heating capacity of 10600BTU making it really powerful for its size. It has conveniently placed cleaning filters as you’d expect and is really easy to maintain. Due to its nature, it is the most expensive unit here, priced at $890 at Amazon (excluding shipping) but for the sheer power that it delivers, it is easily the best air conditioner in this list, especially if you have larger rooms.
Pros:incredibly powerful, very efficient, easy to access and clean, has an option for a thermostat.
Cons: Expensive, PTAC’s require a huge cut out in the wall making it inconvenient if you haven’t already got a slot to install it.
It is difficult to pick a reliable air conditioner model nowadays because most manufacturers just try to cash in on the market. But GE remains a reliable American brand that puts service first and cost second. Hope this extensive guide helps you with your purchase.